Your data and what we do with it
Our Privacy Notice
Sweet Chilli Media has always taken great care over the data that we hold for our clients and the contacts that we work with.
Sweet Chilli Media is committed to protecting the personal information of our clients and visitors to our website.
We are Sweet Chilli Media.How to contact us
FAO Data Controller
Sweet Chilli Media Studio 112, Krowji, West Park, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 3AE
Sweet Chilli Media may collect Information from and about you in order to make contact and provide quotations. Where you initialised contact, Sweet Chilli Media shall maintain a dialogue with you until either you or we opt out (which can be done at any time).
Some personal data about you may come from records of our correspondence and phone calls and may include personally identifying information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address from visits to our website. Sweet Chilli Media may use this information to collect statistics about the performance and behaviour of our own website.
For ongoing clients, we may also retain additional information required to enable us to perform our duties of providing you with marketing, design, hosting, and other related services. This information may include, but is not limited to;
- Full contact details, including email addresses and phone numbers.
- Design materials, such as logo, copy text, photographs and other brand assets. This may also include data about your clients (eg if you have testimonials or case studies from your customers).
- Some financial records, such as the payment of invoices etc.
- Hosting records to enable us to provide hosting services. This includes regular backups of current websites as well as legacy backups; an older version of a current website or a copy of a previous website
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- it is necessary to provide the service you require from us.
- It is necessary for us to meet our contractual, legal or regulatory obligations e.g. reporting to HMRC or for the detection and prevention of fraud
- it is in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. crime reduction
- it is necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations e.g. to verify your identity
- to send invoices or reminder notices or otherwise notify you of changes to our services, and any other purpose related to or ancillary to any of the above.
- you have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about services offered by Sweet Chilli Media.
- Marketing and communications preferences for receiving information from us and how you would like us to communicate with you.
If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our services.Who we may share your information with
Sweet Chilli Media may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in 'What we collect and use your information for.'
Sweet Chilli Media will not sell or broker your details to any third party. Whenever we do share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions.
Our security controls are aligned to good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.How long do we keep your information?
You have several rights in relation to how Sweet Chilli Media uses your information. They are:Your right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request.
We reserve the right to charge a small administration fee for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.Your right to be informed
You have a right to receive clear and easy to understand information on what personal information we have, why and who we share it with, if at all.Your right to request erasure
We shall, upon receipt of a written request from the Client, return all Client Personal Data at the end of the provision of the Services to which the Client Personal Data relates. This will not apply to any Client Personal Data that we must retain in accordance with any legal and regulatory requirements, and will be directed by any guidance that has been issued in relation to deletion or retention by a Supervisory Authority.
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for Sweet Chilli Media to continue to have it.
We reserve the right to charge a small administration fee for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.Your right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
We reserve the right to charge a small administration fee for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive.Your right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.How to make a complaint
If you are still unhappy, you can complain to our Supervisory Authority. Their contact details are:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
Fax: 01625 524 510